RebootWatcher 1.0 > Monitor a restarting windows device.
I wrote this program a couple of weeks back and figured it might be of some use to somebody out there.
The concept behind the program is to watch a servers restart and alert you when the server goes down, and comes back up again. I found a need for this as I often restart a server, move to a different piece of work or head to uncle google for some reading and forget I was waiting for the server to come back. Queue time wasted…
What are the dependencies?:
.Net Framework 3.5 or higher.
Where can I download it?:
How does it work?
- Launch the program, enter the servers name and click start:
- The script now pings the server repeatedly:
- Once a ping is dropped, it flags a notification:
- Once pings are answering, it flags a notification.
- It now begins to query the rdp port on 3389, once rdp opens the application reports the server as alive:
If you do get any use out of it, if you spot a problem or if you would like more functionality, just let me know.